Praise the pumpkin gods

I am the Pumpkin Queen. I have a bit of a love affair with all things pumpkin and have made it my goal to try as many pumpkin spice-related things this season and in all the autumns as long as I live. "There's nothing unique about that," you say. And you're right. It's not. But I'm not in the business of giving all that many fucks. So sit back and read and then get your ass out there and praise the pumpkin gods for these glorious gifts.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Coracao Confections Pumpkin Spice Caramel Bar


10/10 This company makes raw confections free of dairy, gluten and soy. The ingredient list is much shorter than any mass produced chocolate out there and is far better tasting. I received this delectable gem from a very good friend and had to try a piece. I could not in good conscience let the bar sit unopened! So I cut off a square and bit into it. I closed my eyes and let the dark chocolate and pumpkin spice caramel filling melt on my tongue. I tasted all of the various spices: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, allspice. The sharp, sweet after effect of a really good dark chocolate lingered on my tongue after I chewed and swallowed the bite. I even tasted some cashew in there (they use cashew butter in the caramel). That small square was just enough of an indulgence as I packed away the rest of the bar. Such a treasure cannot be consumed in one sitting. That would be a waste!

There are four squares in one bar. That's four little indulgences for the pumpkin spice season. When I was done, I declared, "Now THAT'S pumpkin spice!" This chocolate is probably going to be the best item in this entire blog.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds heavenly! I think I know that very good friend pretty well--I'm her mom. ��

    ReplyDelete