Praise the pumpkin gods

I am the Pumpkin Queen. I have a bit of a love affair with all things pumpkin and have made it my goal to try as many pumpkin spice-related things this season and in all the autumns as long as I live. "There's nothing unique about that," you say. And you're right. It's not. But I'm not in the business of giving all that many fucks. So sit back and read and then get your ass out there and praise the pumpkin gods for these glorious gifts.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Brookyln Brand Post Road Pumpkin Ale

8/10 To awaken this new season of all things pumpkin, I introduce to you sumthing of great importance to me; beer, but not just any beer, PUMPKIN BEER. Now I won't lie, pumpkin beer has never been a favorite of mine. It lacks the potent hops and malt flavor that I savor from an IPA, but when I bought a 6-pack of this on a whim (while we are being completely honest, they were out of my usual choice, and I settled with this), I brought it home and was delightfully surprised.There were notes of the hops that I thrive for, as well as notes of nutmeg and cinnamon that make pumpkin spice, well, PUMPKIN SPICE that I've never tasted so far in a pumpkin ale. At a 5% ABV, it served as an adequate thirst-quencher and offers a satisfying pumpkin spice flavor for those so inclined. The first sip is heavy, full of hops and malt. Seconds later it fades and opens up a world of cinnamon and nutmeg onto your tastebuds. The aftermath of the first sip leaves you satisfied and delighted in your pumpkin spice purchase. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment